Our Accrediting Agency is AdvancED and NCA CASI/SACS CASI. Founded in 1895, the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI) accredit public and private schools and districts in 30 states, the Navajo Nation, Latin America and the Department of Defense Schools worldwide.
In 2006, NCA CASI, SACS CASI and the research and development arm of the accrediting associations, the National Study of School Evaluation, unified to form AdvancED. Dedicated to advancing excellence in education, AdvancED provides accreditation, research and professional services to 23,000 schools in 65 countries, serving 15 million students. NCA CASI and SACS CASI serve as accreditation divisions of AdvancED. Through AdvancED, NCA CASI and SACS CASI have defined shared, research-based accreditation standards that cross state, regional and national boundaries. Accompanying these standards is a unified accreditation process designed to help schools continuously improve.
To earn and maintain accreditation from NCA CASI or SACS CASI, schools must:
- Meet the AdvancED Standards for Quality Schools. Schools demonstrate adherence to the seven AdvancED standards, which describe the quality practices and conditions that research and best practice indicate are necessary for schools to achieve quality student performance and organizational effectiveness.
- Engage in continuous improvement. Schools implement a continuous improvement process that articulates the vision and purpose the school is pursuing (vision); maintains a rich and current description of students, their performance, school effectiveness and the school community (profile); employs goals and interventions to improve student performance (plan); documents and uses the results to inform what happens next (results).
- Demonstrate quality assurance through internal and external review. Schools engage in a planned process of ongoing internal review and self-assessment. In addition, schools host an external Quality Assurance Review Team once every five years. The team evaluates the school's adherence to the AdvancED quality standards, assesses the efficacy of the school's improvement process and methods for quality assuranc, and provides commendations and recommendations to help the school improve. The team provides an oral exit report to the school and a written report detailing the team's recommendations. The school acts on the team's recommendations and submits a progress report following the review.
NCA CASI and SACS CASI accreditation engages the entire school community in a continuous process of self-evaluation and improvement. The overall aim is to help schools be the best they can be on behalf of the students they serve.
Permission granted to publish by
Vogelweh Elementary School's Mission Statement
Vogelweh Elementary School is committed to creating an environment that supports lifelong learning in order for students to be successful in a global society.
- Expects students to produce quality work, to demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and skills, to engage in problem solving, and to acquire tools for ongoing learning.
- Celebrates the diversity of students, while providing a safe, responsible and respectful learning environment among and between students and staff.
- Provides opportunities through a variety of instructional approaches and services to meet the needs of all students by inspiring and challenging them to take their place in the global community.
Continuous School Improvement Goals
- All students will improve reading comprehension skills as applied to all curricular areas. Essence: At Vogelweh Elementary School, reading comprehension is a complex, interactive process in which the student/ learner makes meaningful connections to a variety of written materials by:
- Recalling and retelling information
- Processing information by gathering, organizing, predicting, evaluating and applying
- All students will improve their analytical thinking skills in all curricular areas. Essence: At VES analytical thinking means students
- analyze data
- connect information
- draw conclusions
- communicate their thinking strategies through a variety of methods.